Hydrating your lips is essential for maintaining their health and beauty. Lips can become dry and chapped due to a variety of factors, including sun exposure, cold weather, and dry indoor heat.
Non-natural lip plumpers may contain ingredients that can be harmful to the lips. Some of these ingredients can cause irritation, dryness, or allergic reactions. They may also have long-term negative effects on the health and appearance of the lips.
One common ingredient found in non-natural lip plumpers is menthol. Menthol can cause a tingling or burning sensation on the lips, which can make them appear temporarily fuller. However, it can also cause irritation and dryness, leading to chapped and cracked lips in the long run.
Another ingredient found in many non-natural lip plumpers is capsaicin, which is derived from chili peppers. This ingredient can cause a burning sensation and redness on the lips, which can make them appear temporarily fuller. However, it can also cause irritation and dryness, leading to chapped and cracked lips in the long run.
Furthermore, some non-natural lip plumpers may contain synthetic ingredients such as parabens, phthalates, and artificial fragrances. These ingredients can be harmful to the skin and they may also have long-term negative effects on the health and appearance of the lips.
In contrast, natural lip plumpers are made with ingredients that are safe and gentle. They may include natural oils and butters, such as coconut oil and shea butter, which can help hydrate and nourish the lips.
They also contain natural ingredients like cinnamon, ginger and honey which are known to have plumping properties.
In this article, we will show you some natural DIY lip plumper and lip color balsams that can help hydrate and nourish your lips.
Before we get into the recipes, let’s first discuss some tips for keeping your lips hydrated.
- Drink plenty of water: One of the most important things you can do to hydrate your lips is to drink plenty of water. This will help keep your body and lips hydrated from the inside out.
- Use a humidifier: Dry indoor air can be harsh on your lips. Using a humidifier can help add moisture to the air and keep your lips from becoming dry and chapped.
- Exfoliate: Exfoliating your lips can help remove dead skin and allow your lip balm or plumper to penetrate more deeply. You can use a toothbrush or a lip scrub to gently exfoliate your lips.
- Use a natural lip balm or lip plumper: Applying a lip balm or lip plumper can help hydrate and protect your lips. Look for products that contain natural ingredients such as coconut oil, beeswax, and shea butter.
Now that we’ve covered some tips for keeping your lips hydrated, let’s move on to the recipes for natural DIY lip plumper and lip color balsams.
DIY Lip Plumper
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon powder and honey.
- Add in the coconut oil and mix well.
- Apply the mixture to your lips and leave on for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
Cinnamon has natural plumping properties that can help make your lips appear fuller. The honey and coconut oil will also help hydrate and nourish your lips.
DIY Lip Color Balsam
- 1 tablespoon of beeswax
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of beetroot powder (for a pink color) or cocoa powder (for a brown color)
- In a double boiler, melt the beeswax and coconut oil together.
- Once melted, remove from heat and add in the beetroot or cocoa powder.
- Mix well and pour into a small container.
- Allow the mixture to cool and solidify before applying to your lips.
The beeswax and coconut oil will help hydrate and protect your lips, while the beetroot powder or cocoa powder will give them a natural color.
Note: In case you don’t have a double boiler, you can use a heatproof container placed inside a pot filled with water.
In conclusion, keeping your lips hydrated is essential for maintaining their health and beauty. By following the tips and using the natural DIY lip plumper and lip color balsams, you can keep your lips looking and feeling their best. Remember to always use fresh ingredients, and test the products on a small area before applying it to your entire lips.