Self-tanning lotion can be an easy and convenient way to achieve a sun-kissed glow without the harmful effects of UV rays. One natural ingredient that can be used in self-tanning lotion is cocoa powder. Not only does cocoa powder provide a subtle bronzed color, but it also contains antioxidants and moisturizing properties that can benefit the skin.
In this article, we show you how to make a simple and effective self-tanning lotion using cocoa powder.
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup aloe vera gel
- 1/4 cup witch hazel
- 5 drops of essential oil (optional)
Here are the products we have used for this recipe:
- In a double boiler, melt the coconut oil and shea butter together over low heat.
- Once the oils are fully melted, remove from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Add the aloe vera gel, witch hazel, and cocoa powder to the oil mixture. Stir well until the ingredients are fully combined.
- If desired, add a few drops of essential oil for added fragrance.
- Once the lotion is fully mixed, transfer it to a container with a lid and store it in a cool, dry place.
To use the self-tanning lotion, apply a small amount to clean, dry skin and massage it in evenly. Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly after applying to avoid staining them. It is recommended to use the lotion in the evening and allow it to dry completely before going to bed. Repeat the process for a few nights in a row to achieve the desired level of tan.
It is important to note that cocoa powder can leave a slight residue on the skin, so be sure to exfoliate prior to use. Additionally, the lotion will not provide an instant tan, but rather a gradual, subtle build-up over time.
Cocoa powder has many beneficial properties for the skin. It is rich in antioxidants, which can help protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals. It also contains moisturizing properties that can help keep the skin hydrated and smooth. Additionally, cocoa powder has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce redness and irritation.
Making your own self-tanning lotion with cocoa powder is a simple and effective way to achieve a natural, sun-kissed glow. Not only does it provide a subtle bronzed color, but it also contains beneficial properties for the skin. With a few basic ingredients and a little bit of time, you can create a high-quality, personalized self-tanning lotion that will leave your skin looking and feeling great.